Sunday, 9 August 2026

Tears

 August 9 Word of the Day: Tears

 


Letrilla: That’s not climate change that’s your tears

 

Hard to explain why I’m so tall

And the planet a tiny ball

Facts don’t connect more surprising

And meanwhile waters are rising

That’s not climate change that’s your tears

 

My body is all out of sorts

What is isn’t at all what oughts

Even my talk’s on holiday

And common sense has gone away

That’s not climate change that’s your tears

 

Who in the world am I up swirled  

What in the world is the world

One eye on the very hot garden

One on high tide no beg pardon   

That’s not climate change that’s your tears

 

Maybe I’ll drown I just don’t know

Bigger smaller go with the flow

But if I asked politely you

To consider would you come too

That’s not climate change that’s your tears

 

  

Image: Print of ‘Dreaming Alice’ by Charles Blackman (1956)

in the storeroom of Etching House, North Sydney. 

No comments:

Post a Comment