Monday 11 October 2021

Unvaccinated

Reasons I’ve overheard myself for why people remain [unvaccinated] for coronavirus. Exceptionalism: If everyone else is vaccinated then I won’t catch covid. Inherited anxiety: The vaccines are not fully tested and I could get Alzheimer’s. Procrastination: I’ll do it next week; now for Netflix. Self-awareness: What if I have a rare blood clot condition? Fear: I don’t particularly like covid but I’m scared of vaccines. Politics: It’s a government social experiment they’re not telling us, because they wouldn’t, would they? Community spirit: Other people aren’t doing it, so neither am I. Moral righteousness: It’s my right to choose not to.

 


[unvaccinated] Melbourne iPhone photograph 7 of 10: Middle Park, 13th of March 2020, 8:09 am. This historic photograph was taken over 18 months ago. It’s my regular tram stop to work with, on the left, the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre and, the right, the gate to the Grand Prix at Albert Park Lake. The whole carpark area has been cordoned off while we await the government decision on that Friday morning not to hold the race due to covid. This was the day when Victorians realised the pandemic was going to affect everyone’s future planning. Within a month we would be working from home.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment